We are constantly filling the shelves of our virtual library! In this area, you will find scores of great articles loaded with useful tips and tricks to keep your beloved Bus, Vanagon, and Eurovan happily cruising down the road. Check back often, as we are constantly adding new articles!
Drivetrain: Transaxle / Axles / Differentials / Driveshaft
- Transaxle Oil Change: Is that a DIY Dealio?
- Automatic Transaxle: Kick-Down/Throttle Adjustment
- Vanagon Clutch Release Bearing Cross Shaft: The Full Story
- Shifter Adjustment Instructions: Vanagon Manual Transaxle
- Decoupler: Description, Purpose, and Proper Use
- Transaxles from GoWesty: Do They Arrive Empty or Full?
- Transaxle Life Expectancy in the Vanagon
- Shifting Issue: Tranny, Shifter, or Clutch?
- Automatic to Manual, and Vice Versa: Practicality and Justification
- Overdrive: What Does This Mean?
- Syncro Locker Knob: Explained
- 4WD Eurovan: Can I Convert Mine?
- Drive Shaft Replacement for Syncro: How-To Instructions
- Oil for Transaxles: What Should I Use In My Vanagon Stick-Shift Transaxle?
- Transaxle Sudden Death Syndrome in Vanagons
- Automatic Transaxle Failures in Vanagons: Prevention
- Drive Shaft Replacement for Syncro: The Full Story
- Syncro Differential Locks, Wheel Size, Final Drive and Transmission Gear Ratios
- Eurovan Automatic Transaxles: The Whole Story
- Differentials: Fully Open, Posi-Traction, Torque Biasing, and Syncro "Air-Locker"
- Decoupler and Solid Shaft vs. Viscous Coupler, Rear "Air Locker"
- Conversion from 2WD to a 4WD Syncro: Cost and Justification
- Shifter Systems: Why the '80-'82 Vanagon System is Terrible!
- Transmissions in Vanagons: Automatic or Manual, Which is Best?