Fox Shock and High Clearance Spring Bundle (Front) [Syncro]
We are extremely proud to offer our custom GoWesty-spec Fox shocks, manufactured in the USA by the one and only, world-renowned Fox Racing, Inc. These were tuned and tested over tens of thousands of off-road miles to provide durability, comfort, and traction that you can't get from any other direct replacement shock.
This bundle includes a pair of Fox front shocks with custom flat perches* and a pair of our high clearance front springs. These high clearance front springs have a smaller outer diameter to improve clearance near the upper ball joint, which better accommodates the long travel on the adjustable dampening, remote reservoir shocks. Their small size also gives you more room to work with your spring compressor for easier installation. But even with their narrowed shape, these springs maintain the custom dual spring rates that we've perfected to provide both an OE-quality ride on road and plenty of support off road.
*Note that the flat spring perches included in this bundle work ONLY with our GoWesty High Clearance Springs as shown.
Front Fox 2.0 Shock Features include:
• Height adjustment via adjustable lower spring perch, so you can get the front to ride at exactly the height you want.
• Custom upper and lower perches that seat our new, high clearance springs. (See fitment note #1)
• True mono-tube shock design — Fox Performance Series 2.0 IFP
• Fox high temperature oil and seals
• Heim joint bottom ends for extreme durability
• Fully rebuildable and re-valveable
Front Spring Features include:
• Dual spring rate design for handling that isn't compromised by ride height.
• Reduced outer diameter to improve clearance with increased wheel travel, and to ease installation.
• Modern, hot-wound design manufactured in the USA.
Options — We offer Fox 2.0 front shocks for 4WD (Syncro) in two configurations:
• Basic: Front ride height adjustable, no front remote reservoir, no compression dampening adjustability, and stock length, or:
• Long Travel with Adjustable Dampening: Front ride height adjustable, front remote reservoirs, 10-position compression setting adjustability front and rear, with 1" more down travel.
The basic, non-compression adjustable kit differs from the deluxe compression adjustable kit in four significant ways:
1. As the name implies, compression dampening is set at the factory and not adjustable. We selected a compression dampening setting equivalent to the #5 setting on our adjustable kit (right in the middle of the adjustable range), as this is the optimum "all around" dampening for most Syncros. The rebound dampening is the same.
2. The front shocks do not have an external reservoir. This means they cannot handle as much heat and abuse as our adjustable front shock can.
3. The total shock travel is the same as the original design—they do not feature the additional 1" of down travel that the adjustable shock offers.
4.The price is considerably less.
The long travel, 10-position, compression dampening adjustable kit features low speed compression (LSC) adjustable fluid reservoirs. From a full Westy to a light-weight hard-top, you can choose the compression damping that suits your vehicle and the terrain you're traveling upon. With ten (ten!) damping options on tap you can finally dial in your ride like never before. The level of stiffness you feel between one shock and the next is almost entirely a function of compression dampening. Our Fox shocks are fully adjustable in that regard! In the softest position, they will feel about as firm as the original German Boge shocks. At the firmest setting, they feel about the same as Old Man Emus. So what will it be? Soft like a marshmallow or on rails like a slot car? Don't settle, have 'em both and everything in between! No mattter what you want them to feel like, what they'll do better than the original Boge or Old Man Emu shocks is control the ride via much, much greater rebound dampening—which is the resistance that a shock absorber provides after a bump is hit the suspension compresses. No other shock available for the Syncro comes close to matching what this GoWesty Fox shock can do... it is simply unmatched!
If you plant to lift the front of your van more than 1", we recommend also purchasing upper ball joint spacers to correct your alignment.
These GoWesty exclusive shocks are a direct fit on any Syncro, but include perches that only fit our high clearance front springs for Syncro, which are included in this bundle. You will need a workshop manual for installation instructions—although our kit does include instructions pertaining to the adjustable spring perch and remote reservoir on the front shocks.
Fitment Note #2 - Ride Height:
Front ride height is very adjustable by setting which threads the perch sits on, but there are some limits to this adjustment. When setting ride height, allow a minimum of 2" of down travel from static ride height to prevent damage to the shock. Very light Syncros may find that the minimum ride height they can set, such that the spring perch clears the axle at full droop, is slightly higher than factory ride height.
Fitment Note #3 (for long travel shocks) - Down Travel:
The mono-tube design of our long travel Fox shocks allows an additional 1" of suspension down travel without giving up any upward travel.
• Front. When setting the ride height, set a minimum of 2" of down travel from static height to prevent damage to the shock.
• Front: At full "droop" (wheel completely off the ground), you will notice that the upper ball joint portion of the suspension comes close to contact with the spring. This is normal, and the high clearance springs included in this bundle are designed specifically to allow for clearance at this location.
Fitment Note #4 - Oversize Axle Shafts:
These oversize front shock bodies will clear your 26mm OEM front axle shafts by 6mm. If you have aftermarket front axle shafts of a diameter larger than 32mm, they will NOT fit. This is all assuming that your lower control arm bushings are in good working order. If they are worn or damaged, the lower control arm can move forward and will decrease the available clearance. If you have assembled your front end and are having interference between the lower shock body and the front axle shaft, your axle shafts are non-OEM and too large, your lower control arm bushings are defective, your upper control arms are on backward, or some other front end component is damaged or incorrectly installed.
Fox 2.0 shocks come with a one-year manufacturer warranty against defects in parts and/or workmanship. Warranty does not apply to damage caused by improper installation, use, or abuse. Warranty applies to the original purchaser only. If your Fox shocks are outside the warranty time frame and need to be serviced, please contact Fox directly to fill out a service request form.
Our springs are covered by a limited lifetime warranty. If even one spring sags or becomes defective in any way, we will replace the entire set or refund your money. If the returned spring(s) is/are determined to be defective, we will also reimburse you for the initial installation labor, then pay to return your spring to the manufacturer for investigation.