Instrument Cluster Circuit Foil Replacement Kit [Vanagon]
We get calls almost every day from folks looking to replace their blue instrument cluster printed circuit foil—because, as you probably already know, it tends to fall apart and wreak havoc with your gauges! These printed circuit board - or PCB - foils have been obsolete for many years, and repairing them is virtually impossible. You asked for a solution, and we listened! This kit is comprised of a series of modern hard circuit boards and small wiring harnesses which are much more robust than the original printed circuit foil. The main circuit board houses new indicator LEDs (included) and secures to the back of the cluster using the stock hardware.
Fits: All 1980-91 gasoline and diesel powered Vanagons.
• Necessary circuit boards for your early- or late-model Vanagon
• Built-in dual oil pressure audible warning system
• All new indicator LEDs
• All new illumination LEDs
• New voltage regulator
• All necessary wiring
• Detailed installation instructions - no special tools or wiring experience necessary!
Advantages of the GoWesty solution versus the competition:
• Much cleaner installation when done—no “black box” to mount
• Can be expanded to include our exclusive Audible Coolant Temp Alarm Kit - highly recommended!
• Comes with a brand new plug—you can delete your thirty-year old electrical plug completely for added reliability
• 100% designed, made and supported in the USofA!
The main circuit board includes a new GoWesty-designed dual oil pressure monitoring circuit with audible alarm. This replaces the stock (and aging) dual oil pressure monitoring circuit located in the speedometer housing. If you have an early-model Vanagon without the dual oil pressure monitoring circuit, this feature can be easily disabled with the flip of a small dip-switch on the main circuit board.