Rebuilt Speedometer Assembly [MPH - Late 2WD]
This speedometer is a rebuilt replacement for the 1986-91 gasoline-powered Vanagon 2WD (not Syncro or Diesel).
• Max speed 100MPH (yeah, good luck!)
• Snap-on speedometer cable only
• Odometer and trip-meter
• Some rebuilt units have had damaged corners repaired with this kit.
Purchasing the correct year range is very important! The early-model speedometers had a screw-in speedo cable, whereas the late-model speedo has a snap-in cable.
Core charge for this speedometer is $300, which is refundable upon return of your old speedometer core, with the following conditions:
• If the needle is broken, you will forfeit $50 of the core charge.
• If the spindle is broken, you will forfeit $100 of the core charge.
• If any mounting holes are damaged, you will forfeit $15 per hole.
• If you purchase a snap-in type speedo and return a screw-in type core, you will forfeit the entire core charge.
• If you purchase a late-model snap-in speedo and return an early-model snap-in core, you will forfeit $100 of the core charge.
• If you purchase an MPH speedo and return a KPH core, you will forfeit $200 of the core charge.
To return your core, please visit our return portal. Enter your order number and postal code, and choose core return to receive an RMA and return instructions.