Basic Auxiliary Battery Bundle [All Vanagon]
This is our basic entry-level auxiliary battery installation bundle for those on a tighter budget, and those with minimal power needs. Read more in the 'Power Needs' tab.
Fits: All 1980-91 Vanagon models. Make your selection in the drop-down menu.
• SLA1161 Sealed Lead Acid Battery
• Auxiliary Battery Kit for your model.* Select from our AUX-700 or AUX-701
• Complete step-by-step color installation instructions
*Includes wiring, battery isolator solenoid, 50A circuit breaker, fuse holder, battery hold-down clamp, electrical connectors and instructions. This easy-to-install kit is designed to charge a second deep cycle battery (located under the drivers' seat) while the engine is running and isolate it when the ignition is off. This kit includes detailed, color instructions that allow you to rewire all existing interior accessories (such as lighting, stereo & cigarette lighter/12V outlet) to the new auxiliary power source. You can then safely run your electrical devices from the auxiliary battery without depleting the charge of your primary starting battery.
IMPORTANT SHIPPING NOTE: Batteries ship domestically to the continental 48 states via UPS Ground shipping only (we CANNOT ship batteries to Alaska or to Hawaii) - no expedited services (Next Day, 2nd Day, etc.) and no international shipping except to Canada via UPS Standard. Sorry, absolutely no exceptions.
*If you prefer to buy the latest technology we offer, choose our Deluxe Auxiliary Battery Bundle.
IMPORTANT NOTE: As with any deep cycle battery, it is important to ensure that your new battery is fully charged prior to using it for the first time. Batteries discharge naturally over time, so make sure yours is topped up completely prior to installation!
This kit is suitable for you if:
• You plan to charge from an existing solar or shore power setup, or…
• You don’t mind as much as a dozen hours of driving between battery discharges, and…
• You have less than 100Ah of lead acid auxiliary batteries, and…
• You don’t plan to use smart battery monitoring features.
Our DC-DC Charger Kit is more suitable for you if:
• You have a LiFePo4 battery, or…
• You want to quickly charge your battery bank while driving, or…
• You plan to add or upgrade a solar charging setup, or…
• You want to actively monitor your aux battery’s charge, or…
• You want the tidier wiring and packaging that a DC-DC charger offers.