Fox 2.0 Shock and Spring Bundle (Front) [2WD Vanagon]
We are extremely proud to offer our GoWesty FOX shocks, manufactured in the USA by the one and only, world-renowned Fox Racing, Inc. These were tuned and tested over tens of thousands of off-road miles to provide durability, comfort, and traction that you can't get from any other direct replacement shock.
This bundle includes a set of Fox front shocks and a pair of our American-made, hot wound front springs, paired together to provide both an OE-quality ride on road and plenty of support off road.
Fits: All 1980-91 2WD Vanagon Models
Front 2WD Shock Features include:
• Fox Performance Series 2.0 IFP Shocks
• Shock body is physically larger for superior heat dissipation.
• Larger shock body can hold more oil for better lubrication under intense conditions.
• The lower mounts are a 100% stainless steel heim-joint design. No rubber.
• Fox employs technologically-advanced, high-temperature-resistant sealing materials and oil.
• Combines Fox's world-renowned extreme racing prowess with GoWesty's expert knowledge of these vehicles.
• Designed to accommodate for suspension lifts up to 2" increased ride height.
• 100% rebuildable & revalveable.
• Direct bolt-on installation. No special tools required!
Front 2WD Spring Features include:
• Dual spring rate design for handling that isn't compromised by ride height.
• Modern, hot-wound manufactured in the USA.
Spring Options — We offer two front spring options for our Fox 2.0 rear shocks:
• +0" Lift: For a factory-weight camper, this spring will maintain a stock ride height. On a lighter hard-top or single/double cab truck, a +0" spring typically results in a 1" lift. These springs do not compensate for modifications—including swing away carriers, bike racks, or engine conversions—that change the balance of the vehicle. If you need additional leveling, we offer 1/2" spring pads for the rear coils.
• +1.5" Lift: For a factory-weight Vanagon Westfalia camper, these springs will provide a 1.5" suspension lift. On a lighter hard-top or single/double cab truck, a +1.5" spring will very likely lift the van too much for good suspension performance and CV durability. Don't say we didn't warn you!
A note on suspension lifts: If you plant to lift the front of your van more than 1", we recommend also purchasing Upper Ball Joint Spacer Kit to correct your alignment.
We recommend pairing this front shock and spring bundle with our Fox rear shock and spring bundle for 2WD.
The shocks and springs in this bundle work with the stock 2WD lower control arm and upper spring perch. You will need a workshop manual for installation instructions.
Fox 2.0 shocks come with a one-year manufacturer warranty against defects in parts and/or workmanship. Warranty does not apply to damage caused by improper installation, use, or abuse. Warranty applies to the original purchaser only. If your Fox shocks are outside the warranty time frame and need to be serviced, please contact Fox directly to fill out a service request form.
Our springs are covered by a limited lifetime warranty. If even one spring sags or becomes defective in any way, we will replace the entire set or refund your money. If the returned spring(s) is/are determined to be defective, we will also reimburse you for the initial installation labor, then pay to return your spring to the manufacturer for investigation.