Engine Fuel Line Replacement Kit
This engine compartment fuel line replacement kit is an absolute "must-have" for all Vanagon owners. We cannot stress enough just how important it is to replace your original fuel lines. We have seen too many burned up vehicles. Don't let this happen to you!
The kit provides everything you need to replace the feed and return fuel lines (NOT the plastic lines) between the fuel tank and the engine and the lines between the fuel filter and pump. It also replaces the upper and lower fuel injector seals.
What really sets this kit apart from the competition, though, are the superior crimp-style ear clamps. Regular "worm" style clamps always have a flat spot, whereas these crimp-style clamps provide even pressure in a perfect circle, and they won't loosen up over time. We also use the more expensive smooth 7mm German hose, not the cloth-braided stuff—it is equivalent to the highly-touted "30R9" U.S. spec fuel line, and it is lined with a fluoroelastomer compound that significantly reduces the permeability of the hose, and it has a much higher resistance to today's aggressive fuel blends. Our kit also includes a double flange grommet that replaces the notoriously brittle plastic fuel fitting on the firewall—the one responsible for causing numerous engine fires. Simply put, this is a complete and thorough kit.
• Twelve (12) feet of German 7mm hose (or 15 feet for 4WD Syncro)
• One-half (½) meter of German 12mm hose (gas tank to fuel pump)
• Two (2) 7-12mm screw clamps (for fuel filter)
• Twenty-six (26) special crimp-style ear clamps (two large and 24 small)
• One (1) double flange grommet (to omit firewall plastic piece)
- Four (4) inner fuel injector seals
• Four (4) outer fuel injector seals
Does NOT include instructions (except for brief instructions related to the double flange grommet).
Recommended related kits:
• 2WD - Fuel Line Firewall Adapter, the Fuel Tank Re-Seal Kit, the Abrasion Sleeve Kit, and the Hard Plastic Fuel Line Replacement Kit
• 4WD - Fuel Tank Re-Seal Kit, the Sending Unit Service Kit, and the Abrasion Sleeve Kit
Note: This kit was specifically designed for 1983-91 water boxer powered vans, but contains all you need to replace all the fuel hoses and clamps on your fuel injected 1975-83 air cooled Bus or Vanagon. You will just have more hose than necessary, one grommet you won’t need and no instructions specific to your particular model.