Fox 2.0 Shock and Spring Bundle (Rear) [2WD Vanagon]
We are extremely proud to offer our GoWesty FOX shocks, manufactured in the USA by the one and only, world-renowned Fox Racing, Inc. These were tuned and tested over tens of thousands of off-road miles to provide durability, comfort, and traction that you can't get from any other direct replacement shock.
This bundle includes a pair of Fox rear shocks and our custom, dual rate rear springs. We've perfected these dual spring rates to provide both an OE-quality ride on road and plenty of support off road.
Fits: All 1980-91 2WD Vanagon Models
Rear 2WD Shock Features include:
• True mono-tube shock design — Fox Performance Series 2.0 IFP
• Fox high temperature oil and seals
• Heim joint ends—top and bottom—for extreme durability
• Fully rebuildable and revalveable
Rear 2WD Spring Features include:
• Dual spring rate design for handling that isn't compromised by ride height.
• Modern, hot-wound manufactured in the USA.
Spring Options — We offer two rear spring options for our 2WD Fox 2.0 rear shocks:
• +0" Lift: For a factory-weight camper, this spring will maintain a stock ride height. On a lighter hard-top or single/double cab truck, a +0" spring typically results in a 1" lift. These springs do not compensate for modifications—including swing away carriers, bike racks, or engine conversions—that change the balance of the vehicle. If you need additional leveling, we offer 1/2" spring pads for the rear coils.
• +1.5 Lift: For a factory-weight Vanagon Westfalia camper, these springs will provide a 1.5" suspension lift. On a lighter hard-top or single/double cab truck, a +1.5" spring will very likely lift the van too much for good suspension performance and CV wear. Don't say we didn't warn you!
Note: Neither spring option compensates for modifications—including swing away carriers, bike racks, or engine conversions—that change the balance of the vehicle. If you need additional leveling, we offer 1/2" spring pads for the rear coils.
We recommend pairing this rear shock and spring bundle with our 2WD Fox front shock and spring bundle for Vanagon.
The shocks and springs in this bundle work with the stock rear, upper spring perch and trailing arms. You will need a workshop manual for installation instructions.
Our springs are covered by a limited lifetime warranty. If even one spring sags or becomes defective in any way, we will replace the entire set or refund your money. If the returned spring(s) is/are determined to be defective, we will also reimburse you for the initial installation labor, then pay to return your spring to the manufacturer for investigation.