Heavy-Duty 930 Axle Kit (Automatic Transmission)
This kit comes with all the parts you need, right down to the snap rings and all new bolts. Assembly required.
• Two (2) axles
• Four (4) German GKN/Lobro CV joints
• Four (4) CV boot/flange assemblies
• Eight (8) snap rings
• Two (2) inner drive flanges (sold exchange, $100 core charge each)
• Two (2) outer CV flanges/stub axle assemblies:
• Two (2) axle nut cotter pins
• 24 bolts
Assembly required. Some installation tips (including important torque specs) are included—but not complete installation instructions. You will need the proper tools and experience to install these axles. If you don't feel 100% confident in your ability to do this job, please have a professional shop perform the installation.
• The larger 930 CV joint will not clear the trailing arm with the bearing hub bolted in place. It will be necessary to at least loosen the four bolts that hold the bearing hub and tilt it so that the larger stub axle can be installed. We highly recommend that the rear hubs be removed entirely—cleaned, inspected, and re-lubricated, since removal of the old stub axle and installation of the new one will likely introduce dirt into an otherwise sealed bearing system.
• The fit between the inner splines of the new CV joint and out splines of the axle are not as tight as the original (smaller) CV joints and axles. This is normal!
• Only three circlips per axle are used to constrain the CV joints. The transmission side CV joint needs both an inner and an outer circlip. The wheel side CV joint only receives a retaining clip on the wheel side of the CV.
• We recommend using a pair of snap ring pliers to replace the CV drive flanges on the transaxle.
Both the inner and outer stub axles (drive flanges) have to be replaced with ones that have been modified to accept the larger CV joints. For automatic transmissions, you must send back the inner drive flanges on the transmission, you will be charged a core deposit of $200, refundable when you return your old inner flanges to us.
If you choose the rebuilt stub axle option, you will be charged a secondary core deposit of $200, refundable when you return your old stub axles to us.
Please call our customer service team for a return authorization number prior to shipping your core: (888) 469-3789.