Yakima Road Shower 4
|Works With:||All Vehicles|
Newly revised and improved Yakima Road Shower 4!
With the Road Shower you can adequately hold, heat, and use up to 7 gallons of water on top of your vehicle. No more messing around with those flimsy bladders that require you to hang them from a tree above your head so gravity can go to work. With the Road Shower you can have a free flowing, pressurized shower anywhere, anytime! It is easily refilled through the wide-mouth cap located on the top of the shower. Hot or cold, the Road Shower has many uses from the camp hose for dishes, gear, pets, or for extra drinking water. It will heat itself while you drive and does not take up much space on your crossbars—so you can still attach other accessories, such as a bike rack or a cargo box.
Whether you're surfing, climbing, biking, or hiking, when you return to your vehicle, you'll have warm water ready to rinse you off. No need to head home for a shower before going out to dinner... you can take a shower at your Westy! This thing is rugged, too. You can take it anywhere. It has been tested on the White Rim Trail and other rugged 4x4 trails in Utah and Colorado. It stays on the rack and does not break. There are no complex parts or gadgets. It is simple and works well. It doesn’t use fuel and it doesn’t require electricity.
This new design features a built-in air pressurization chamber. Go ahead and fill it all the way up without the need to leave water out for air space!
• Powder coated aluminum absorbs sunlight and heats the water inside.
• Sleek design and and high end components look great on your vehicle.
• On/off valve at elbow so you can easily remove the hose or attach a longer hose while pressurized.
• Shrader style air valve so you can pressurize on the go.
• There is a locking loop to lock your unit with a cable style bike lock to your rack. Or buy our round bar lock kit.
• LCD thermometer which will show you the temperature in F and C.
• Beefy universal mounting brackets mount to most racks.
• Can take up to 65 PSI. One pumping or filling with a garden hose will let you come close to draining the tank. This gives about 10 minutes of pressurized water.
• Tank Dimensions: 55″ x 7.4″ x 5.74″.
• Slot Channel is 55″ long and the mounting bolts can be moved over this entire length.
• Holds 7 gallons of water with 2 gallons of air space.
• Empty Weight: 25 lbs. Full weight: 77 lbs.
• Powder Coated Aluminum 1/10″ thick walls.
• Pressure relief valves opens at 55-75 PSI.
• Hose length is 55″.
• Mounting carriage bolts 5/16″ and use a 5/16 nut. Nylock nuts included. 13 mm or 1/2″ wrench needed.
• Elbow is 1/2″ x male GHT bib cock. Takes a regular garden hose.
• Female hose end is GHT thread. Male hose end is GHT.
• Hose is 5/8″ ID food grade hose such as used in the brewing industry, with brass GHT ends.
• Intake air valve is 1/4″ NPT thread to tank with Shrader valve.
• Option to add an outlet or shower head on non-hose end comes with aluminum plug.
• Locking loop to secure the Road Shower 4 to your rack.
• Side slot so it can be mounted from the side of a roof top basket.
1. Mount it to your rack. The Road Shower has a T-slot on the underside built into the aluminum body. A 5/16" carriage bolt slides from the end to the location of your mount. This is exactly the way that the old style Yakima bike tray mounts to a rack. It attaches to Yakima round or Thule square bars, or factory mounted racks, or aeroblade, t-channel crossbars. Road Shower is the only rack mounted portable solar shower on the market. Road Shower comes with Yakima or Thule bar mounting hardware from Rocky Mounts.
2. Fill it up. Use a gallon jug or a garden hose. You can use drinking water because the aluminum and food grade clear poly hose are perfectly non-toxic. By the way, you can check the water level using the clear poly hose. Just hold the hose nozzle above the top of the shower, and pull the trigger. The water inside the shower will fill the clear hose and show you the water level.
3. Let it heat up. Road Shower uses the renewable energy of the sun. The sun heats the black surface on the outside which heats the water on the inside. The water temperature rises 12-20 degrees per hour on a warm sunny day. If your water starts at 60 degrees, it should be 90+ degrees in about 2 hours. On a hot sunny day the water can exceed 130 degrees, so be careful. Just feel the tank with your hand. The water will be the temperature of the tank. For added safety, spray some water on your hand to see if it is too hot. Allow about 10 seconds to drain the hose and get the heated water from the tank. If the water is too hot, wait until it cools or drain some and add a gallon of cool water. It heats up while you are driving down the highway, 4-wheeling, or parked somewhere in the sun. The Road Shower does not heat water as well if the outside temperature is below 70 degrees and/or the sun is low in the sky (or during cloudy days). However, if the water is about 70 degrees in the tank, you can heat 1 gallon of water on a camp stove, add it to 3 gallons of water in the tank, and the water will be about 100 degrees.
4. Pump it up. Add pressure to it by pumping it with a hand pump, a CO2 cartridge pump, or an electric compressor up to a max of 65PSI.
5. Take a shower. The nozzle is an adjustable garden hose nozzle. You can choose a variety of spray patterns. If you need a lot of water fast, just remove the nozzle. The nozzle can be worked with one hand. It can also be set on open. You can hook it to the middle clip while you soap off with both hands.
NOTE: If your vehicle has a pop-top, this product is designed to be used with the pop-top CLOSED.
For one year from date of purchase, Road Shower will repair or replace this Road Shower, free of charge, if defective in material or workmanship.