Speedometer Assembly [KPH - Early 2WD]
Prefer a more modern solution? Bring your van into the 21st Century with an all-electronic GPS speedometer!
Rebuilt Kilometers Per Hour speedometer assembly for 1980-85 2WD Vanagon.
• Max speed 180KPH (yeah, good luck!)
• Snap-on speedometer cable only
• Odometer and trip-meter
• Some rebuilt units have had damaged corners repaired with this kit.
Cosmetic condition: All of our rebuilt speedometers are guaranteed to be mechanically refurbished to like-new function. However, they are not cosmetically refurbished in any way. The unit you receive in exchange for your original part may have minor blemishes on the painted face of the instrument. That said, we do not rebuild any units that we feel are not visually nice enough to qualify for the rebuild process. If you are in any way dissatisfied with the cosmetic condition of the exchanged part you receive, we will happily accept it back for a full refund less shipping costs.
Core charge: The core charge for this speedometer is $300, which is refundable upon return of your old speedometer core, with the following conditions:
• If the needle is broken, you will forfeit $50 of the core charge.
• If the spindle is broken, you will forfeit $100 of the core charge.
• If any mounting holes are damaged, you will forfeit $15 per hole.
• If you purchase an KPH speedo and return an MPH core, you will not be penalized.
Please contact us for a core authorization number prior to shipping it to us, and make sure to package it very carefully!
Fit note: If you have a 1980-83 Vanagon with a screw-on speedometer cable, please purchase the 251-957-803E clip-on speedometer cable.
*WILL NOT FIT DIESEL VANS*