Speedometer Assembly [MPH - Late 2WD]
This speedometer is a rebuilt replacement for the 1986-91 gasoline-powered Vanagon 2WD (not Syncro or Diesel).
• Max speed 100MPH (yeah, good luck!)
• Snap-on speedometer cable only
• Odometer and trip-meter
• Some rebuilt units have had damaged corners repaired with this kit.
Special note for customers with larger wheels/tires: We offer speedometers calibrated to increase the speedometer/odometer reading by 7%. If your 2WD vehicle is outfitted with 215/75-15 or 215/70-16 tires, please choose the " +7%" option. (NOT recommended for use with standard GoWesty 15" and 16" wheel/tire packages (outfitted with 215/65/15 and 215/60-16, respectively).
Purchasing the correct year range is very important! The early-model speedometers had a screw-in speedo cable, whereas the late-model speedo has a snap-in cable.
Core charge for this speedometer is $300, which is refundable upon return of your old speedometer core, with the following conditions:
• If the needle is broken, you will forfeit $50 of the core charge.
• If the spindle is broken, you will forfeit $100 of the core charge.
• If any mounting holes are damaged, you will forfeit $15 per hole.
• If you purchase a snap-in type speedo and return a screw-in type core, you will forfeit the entire core charge.
• If you purchase a late-model snap-in speedo and return an early-model snap-in core, you will forfeit $100 of the core charge.
• If you purchase an MPH speedo and return a KPH core, you will forfeit $200 of the core charge.
Please contact us for a core authorization number prior to shipping it to us, and make sure to package it very carefully!