Gifting has never been easier
Perfect if you're short on time or are unable to deliver your gift yourself. Enter your message and select when to send it.
Requires some hand & power tools and minimal mechanical knowledge.
This is the GoWesty universal carrier attachment for our bumper-mounted swing-away system for Bus. This carrier is made of light-weight, powdercoated, thin wall 2" x 2" steel tubing and incorporates a sturdy tray. This material would not be strong enough if it were just bolted at the base, so we incorporated a lockable tensioning latch system at the top that makes for a remarkably sturdy multi-use provision for carrying just about anything! The kit includes our custom stainless steel gutter mounting bracket.
Fits: 1973-79 Type II Bus
• 2" x 2" powdercoated square tube carrier bar with incorporated tray
• Lockable upper latch
• Stainless steel mounting hardware
• Detailed installation instructions
• Stainless steel gutter adapter mounting bracket
We call this a "universal" carrier because you can do lots of different things with it:
• Create a ladder with our Ladder Rung Kit
• Create a spare tire carrier with our Uni-Tire Mount Kit
• Create a fuel and/or water can carrier with our Rotopax Mount, Reverse Spare Tire Carrier, and Lockable Reverse Spare Tire Storage
• Add some Storage with a lightweight Storage Box
• Tie-down firewood and luggage to a Storage Tray
• Tie-down some gear on top of your storage box with our Storage Box Tie Downs
• Keep your camp clean with a Spare Tire Trasharoo
Our swing-aways have a maximum safe load limit of 180 lbs. When using the tray, this weight is not to exceed 24" in height and be kept within the confines of the tray horizontally and centered within the tray. If using the universal carrier, 35 of these pounds may be shifted to the upper portion of the arm (the 180 lb. total limit still applies).
Plug 'n' Play — Requires no or basic hand tools and no mechanical knowledge.
Handy — Requires some hand & power tools and minimal mechanical knowledge.
DIY — Requires a full tool set and broad mechanical knowledge.
Pro — Requires professional-level tools, talent and experience.