Universal Carrier for Swing-Away Arm [Vanagon]
FOR USE WITH GOWESTY PLATE STEEL BUMPERS ONLY.
This is the GoWesty universal carrier attachment for our bumper-mounted swing-away system. This carrier is made of light-weight, powdercoated, thin wall 2" x 2" steel tubing. This material would not be strong enough if it were just bolted at the base, so we incorporated a lockable tensioning latch system at the top that makes for a remarkably sturdy multi-use provision for carrying just about anything!
We call this a "universal" carrier because you can do lots of different things with it:
- Create a ladder with our Ladder Rung Kit
- Create a ladder/tray combo with our GoWesty Tray Kit
- Create a spare tire carrier with our Uni-Tire Mount Kit
- Create a fuel and/or water can carrier with our Rotopax Kit
- Create a bike carrier with the Yakima Front Loader Bike Carrier
- 2" x 2" powdercoated square tube carrier bar
- Lockable upper latch
- Stainless steel mounting hardware
- Detailed installation instructions
Notes: Does not include the bumper mounted swing-away system. The top latch won't fit on a Westfalia high top without modifications to the latch.
Our swing-away trays have a maximum safe load limit of 180 lbs. When using the tray, this weight is not to exceed 24" in height and be kept within the confines of the tray horizontally and centered within the tray. If using the universal carrier, 35 of these pounds may be shifted to the upper portion of the arm (the 180 lb. total limit still applies).