Wheel Stud Conversion Kit (2WD Vanagon/Eurovan)
If you have ever changed a flat tire (or swapped wheels) on your Volkswagen, you may have found how difficult it can be when there is no "wheel stud" to hang the heavy wheel and tire on while you get your bolts started.
What's this you say? My VW might not have wheel studs? Read on!
All 2WD Vanagons were delivered from the factory with two different types of wheel fasteners. The rear featured studs to accept wheel nuts, while the front required bolts to fasten the wheel. All Eurovans require bolts front and rear - but they don't have to!
This Wheel Stud Conversion Kit allows you to convert your vehicle from a bolt requirement, to a nut requirement by threading in these handy-dandy studs. Once you do this, your vehicle can carry the weight of the wheel and tire anytime you are fixing a flat or changing wheels. Convert, and save your back!
Each kit includes:
• (10) 14mm x 1.5 pitch threaded conversion studs
• (10) Cone-seat lug nuts (not for use on wheel that require ball-seat hardware)
• (1) Installation nut, and thread locker
• All 1980-91 Vanagon 2WD models - original front rotor (non-Big Brakes) - (1) One 44mm kit required
• All 1993-03 Eurovan models - (2) Two 59mm kits required per van (one front/one rear)
*See Fitment Notes to confirm compatibility
Note: This conversion kit is supplied with all of our wheel and tire packages!