Gifting has never been easier
Perfect if you're short on time or are unable to deliver your gift yourself. Enter your message and select when to send it.
Tired of desperately trying to light your Westy refrigerator only to be disappointed with its cooling capabilities? Do you have a Weekender or 7-Passenger and are tired of dealing with ice for your cooler and soggy food? GoWesty has a solution: Engel® electric fridge/freezers. These units feature super-low power consumption, and are designed to maintain a steady interior temperature regardless of outside temperature fluctuations. They run on 12-volt and 110-volt power and are 100% CFC/HCFC free. Finally, reliable refrigeration for all your road trips with plenty of room for all your food and drinks! This wireless thermometer is a great addition!
The Engel MR40 is based on the tried and true MT45 model, but features a more weather-resistant all-plastic exterior. The lid is also reversible, which means easy access from either side. It features a storage tray under the lid for spare cords and/or fuses, and the corners are protected with nice large rubber bumpers. The guts of the Engel MR40 are typical of all the other Engel refrigerator/freezers. Our tests over the last several years have shown that it is 100% as reliable and durable as all of the other legendarily venerable Engel models, its closest sibling being the MT45.
Should I get the MR40 or the MT45? you ask. To help you decide, the MR40 differs from the MT45 in these ways:
• It is slightly smaller outside: 19H x 25L x 14.4D versus 20H x 25.5L x 14.3D
• It is slightly smaller on the inside: 40 quarts instead of 43-quart capacity
• The body and lid are made of plastic instead of aluminum
• 4 pounds lighter
• Will not ding, dent, or corrode
• Is not as quite as space-efficient (6.6% smaller on the outside, but 7.5% smaller on • The lid is hinged so it opens length-wise, instead of at one end like the MT45, and is reversible. Some folks find this lid orientation more convenient when placed on the floor behind the passenger seat.
• Features a nifty storage tray under the lid for spare cords and/or fuses, and the corners are protected with nice large rubber bumpers.
• 40-quart outside dimensions: 19H x 25L x 14.4D
• Power consumption: 0.7 - 2.5 Amps.
• Has about the same capacity as the original Westy fridge.