Gear Oil Fill Plug with External Hex and Threaded Port
This GoWesty-designed external-hex gear oil fill plug replaces the original internal-hex plug on the fill port. The external-hex feature makes it possible to use a 19mm wrench or socket, making the job much easier. Finally!
This fill plug fits:
• 1968-91 Type II Bus manual and automatic*
• 1980-91 2WD Vanagon manual & automatic transaxle*
• 1986-91 4WD Syncro manual transaxle*
*Not to be used on the drain ports, or fill/drain on the Syncro front differential.
The additional 1/8" NPT threaded port feature adds versatility:
• You can just plug the fill hole with the included pipe plug and it simply replaces your original plug.
• Add our optional Temperature Sender and use it in the filler plug location to keep an eye on the temperature of your transaxle.
• Add our optional Magnetic Drain Plug Insert and snatch up pesky bits a ferrous metal that might otherwise do harm to your precious internals!