GoWesty Skylight Lens [Vanagon]
We have made some dramatic improvements to the original skylight design—improvements that will help your skylight fit more snugly on your pop-top roof and ensure the longevity of your new lens.
This GW-designed lens features the following:
• Slightly adjusted corner radius for a tighter fit.
• State-of-the-art materials for product durability and unsurpassed UV stability.
• Our unique single pane "flex-fit" design—a less rigid skylight means greater durability, easier fitment conformity, and less inclination toward cracking.
• Available in two varieties: translucent bronze, and fully opaque black-out black.
• Dimensions: 17 5/8" x 13 5/8"
Let's face it: There is no good reason that an aftermarket skylight lens should come with such an exorbitant price tag. We are proud to offer this high-quality, super affordable skylight lens!
When installing this (or any!) skylight, be careful not to overtighten the hardware. The nuts need to be snug, but not overly tight. Torquing the nuts past this point can lead to cracking around the mounting holes.
Fit note: The square section of your existing OEM bolts that hold the lifting track to the skylight could interfere with the track since our skylights are slightly thinner that the original in where the bolts pass. If you run into this problem, it can be easily solved by adding an M6 flat washer under the head of the carriage bolt. To avoid this or any issues with your original hardware, we recommend purchasing our complete Skylight Hardware Kit.
No instructions included. Installation is essentially the reverse of removal.
View the GoWesty Install Tips video! The Bentley guide has instructions, as well.