High Volume Oil Pump Kit
Replacing the original 24mm oil pump with one of our larger 30mm oil pumps provides two main benefits:
1) It helps solve the notoriously-low oil pressure issue that is typical of the water boxer engine design and the accompanying low oil pressure warning buzzer issue. If you've read our article on the subject—you know that our high-volume pump kit can help quiet that buzzer for good! We include this larger-volume oil pump on every rebuilt GoWesty engine.
2) Solves once and for all the common oil leak issue between the oil pump cover and oil pump. We achieve this by procuring the absolute best quality pump available, and then machining the pump housing to accept an O-ring. No more wish-I-could-get-this-silly-paper-gasket-to-stop-leaking gasket!
• 30mm high-volume pump w/GoWesty O-ring modification and tested gear*
• Cover-to-pump & pump-to-block gaskets that come with the original pump**
• Cover-to-pump O-ring
• Custom-machined OEM pump cover—lower profile to clear coolant X-pipe
• Bolts and sealing washers to replace the leak-prone stud/sealing nut combination
*We have found over the years (the hard way) that the press-fit between the driven pump gear and the shaft that drives it can vary to the point where the gear can literally spin on the shaft causing all sorts of hard to diagnose oil pressure issues, and even engine seizure. So, we developed a special tool to test each and every driven gear/shaft fit by applying a torque to the gear. We have flunked as many as 50% on some of the brands we have sold in the past because the gear press fit does not pass our test. This test adds very little to the price we charge for our pumps, but the value to you can be enormous. We are always striving to find the best pump on the market, and if we ever find one with gears that check out good 100% of the time: We can finally stop checking them! Yeah, GoWesty has your back.
**Pro tip: On our rebuilds, we ditch the gasket and use Reinzosil sealant between the pump and the engine block.
NOTE: Installation instructions are NOT included. This kit is intended for professional installation only. Please refer to your Bentley Repair Manual for the proper procedure.
'By the way, I installed your high volume oil pump kit a couple of months ago. What a fantastic product. I overhauled the engine a couple of years ago at a 120k, largely because of chronically low oil pressure. Even after a careful rebuild, and using a new OE oil pump, the oil pressure would practically dissappear while climbing mountain grades. (I have a VDO oil pressure gauge on board and have checked it for accuracy with my snap on oil pressure gauge). Yesterday I drove over the Cascades to Eastern Washington on a warm day - oil pressure reads a solid 10 to 15 psi higher. I will have to get used to no longer keeping my eyes glued to the oil gauge.
Great product - it actually performs a lot better then regular Brazilian high capacity pump that I tried several years ago. The o-ring and groove in the cover plate is super good innovation. No leaks. Well worth the cost to provide such a neeed solution.'