This listing is for our lowest-cost, standard-travel, non-adjustable Fox shock set for all Syncro models. Fits:
All 1986-91 Syncro 4WD Vanagon
After tens of thousands of miles of off-road testing we are extremely proud to offer our exclusive GoWesty FOX shocks, manufactured in the USA by the one and only, world-renowned Fox Racing, Inc.Features include:
• Front height adjustment via optional
adjustable lower billet spring perch*
• True mono-tube shock design Fox Performance Series 2.0 IFP
• Fox high-temperature oil and seals
• Heim joint bottom mount for extreme durability
• Fully rebuildable and revalveable*The billet-aluminum lower coil spring perches are optional. The ramped shape accepts our standard zero-lift front springs, and any original equipment (OE) style coil spring that you'd typically fit on a Syncro. Please purchase the perches for use with all spring, UNLESS you are planning to use to our Fox 2.0 Front High Clearance Spring and Perch Bundle for Syncro, which uses our latest flat-ground small diameter springs specifically improved for zero interference between the upper control arm and coil spring at max droop.These basic, non-compression adjustable shocks differs from the deluxe compression adjustable shock in four significant ways:
1. As the name implies, compression dampening is set at the factory and not adjustable. We selected a compression dampening setting equivalent to the #5 setting on our adjustable kit (right in the middle of the adjustable range), as this is the optimum "all-around" dampening for most Syncros. The rebound dampening is the same.
2. The front shocks do not have an external reservoir. This means they cannot handle as much heat and abuse as our adjustable front shock can.
3. The total shock travel is the same as the original design, they do not feature the additional 1" of down travel that the adjustable shock offers.
4. The price is considerably less.