Gifting has never been easier
Perfect if you're short on time or are unable to deliver your gift yourself. Enter your message and select when to send it.
Requires some hand & power tools and minimal mechanical knowledge.
Not carrying any weight up top, but still need some help getting the top up? Try our low-cost light-duty lift assist kit!
This fantastic Load Assist Kit allows you to install pneumatic struts to assist in the opening of your loaded Vanagon Westfalia pop-top. This kit is specifically designed for handling added loads to the top—surfboards, rack kit, etc. If you have this kit currently and it is not enough, you can double up!
Load Assist Kit features:
• High-strength mounting points and custom mounting brackets
• Durable, high-quality struts—measuring a whopping 45 inches!—manufactured specifically for this application
• A clean and aesthetically-pleasing installation procedure
• Kit also includes all necessary hardware, and detailed installation instructions.
This kit can be installed in three ways:
• Single Kit - Rear position — For light to medium loads (50-100lbs) atop your Westy, this placement is perfect.
• Single Kit - Forward position — For heavy loads (100-200lbs) on top, this mounting position makes it a breeze to pop the top.
• Dual Kit - Both positions at once* — For extra-heavy loads (200lbs and up), buy two complete kits (four struts total).
*Order our Supplemental Bracket Kit if you want the flexibility of installing the mounting brackets in both front & rear locations. This way you can move the struts to either location depending on your changing roof load!
Plug 'n' Play — Requires no or basic hand tools and no mechanical knowledge.
Handy — Requires some hand & power tools and minimal mechanical knowledge.
DIY — Requires a full tool set and broad mechanical knowledge.
Pro — Requires professional-level tools, talent and experience.