Fox Shock and Spring Bundle (Rear) [Syncro]
Rear Shock Features include:
• True mono-tube shock design — Fox Performance Series 2.0 IFP
• Fox high temperature oil and seals
• Heim joint ends—top and bottom —for extreme durability
• Fully rebuildable and revalveable
Rear Spring Features include:
• Dual spring rate design for handling that isn't compromised by ride height.
• Modern, hot-wound manufactured in the USA.
Spring Options — We offer two rear spring options for our Fox 2.0 rear shocks:
• +0" Lift: For a factory-weight camper, this spring will maintain a stock ride height. On a lighter hard-top or single/double cab truck, a +0" spring typically results in a 1-1.5" lift. These springs do not compensate for modifications—including swing away carriers, bike racks, or engine conversions—that change the balance of the vehicle. If you need additional leveling, we offer 1/2" spring pads for the rear coils.
• +2" Lift: For a factory-weight Syncro Westfalia camper, these springs will provide a 2" suspension lift. On a lighter hard-top or single/double cab truck, a +2" spring will very likely lift the van too much for good suspension performance and CV wear. Don't say we didn't warn you!
Neither spring option compensates for modifications—including swing away carriers, bike racks, or engine conversions—that change the balance of the vehicle. If you need additional leveling, we offer 1/2" spring pads for the rear coils.
Shock Options — We offer Fox 2.0 rear shocks for 4WD (Syncro) in two configurations:
• Basic: Stock length for unchanged rear wheel travel, with no compression dampening adjustability, or:
• Long Travel with Adjustable Damping: 10-position compression setting adjustability rear, with 1" more down travel than stock.
The long travel, 10-position, compression dampening adjustable kit features low speed compression (LSC) adjustable fluid reservoirs . From a full Westy to a light-weight hard-top, you can choose the compression damping that suits your vehicle and the terrain you're traveling upon. With ten (ten!) damping options on tap you can finally dial in your ride like never before. The level of stiffness you feel between one shock and the next is almost entirely a function of compression damping. Our Fox shocks are fully adjustable in that regard! In the softest position, they will feel about as firm as the original German Boge shocks. At the firmest setting, they feel about the same as Old Man Emus. So what will it be? Soft like a marshmallow or on rails like a slot car? Don't settle, have 'em both and everything in between! No mattter what you want them to feel like, what they'll do better than the original Boge or Old Man Emu shocks is control the ride via much, much greater rebound dampening—which is the resistance that a shock absorber provides after a bump is hit the suspension compresses. No other shock available for the Syncro comes close to matching what this GoWesty Fox shock can do... it is simply unmatched!
We recommend pairing this rear shock and spring bundle with our Fox front shock and spring bundle for Syncro.
The shocks and springs in this bundle work with the stock Syncro rear, upper spring perch and trailing arms. You will need a workshop manual for installation instructions.
Fitment Note #2 - Down Travel:
The mono-tube design of our long travel Fox shocks allows an additional 1" of suspension down travel without giving up any upward travel. At full "droop" (wheel completely off the ground), the drive axles are subject to a more severe angle. This may cause noise to occur, especially from a worn-out CV joint. This noise is of no consequence. For off-roading where you are consistently picking wheels up off the ground, we strongly recommend upgrading to our Heavy Duty 930 Axle Kit to improve the longevity of your joints.
These shocks come with a one-year manufacturer warranty against defects in parts and/or workmanship. Warranty does not apply to damage caused by improper installation, use, or abuse. Warranty applies to the original purchaser only. If your Fox shocks are outside the warranty time frame and need to be serviced, please contact Fox directly to fill out a service request form.
Our springs are covered by a limited lifetime warranty. If even one spring sags or becomes defective in any way, we will replace the entire set or refund your money. If the returned spring(s) is/are determined to be defective, we will also reimburse you for the initial installation labor, then pay to return your spring to the manufacturer for investigation.