Yakima Roof Rack Bundle [Vanagon Hard-Top]
This simple kit includes the basic parts for a complete roof rack system for 1980-91 hard-top Vanagons. Once you have this basic kit installed, you can fine-tune it with all types of accessories for surfboards, kayaks, and lots more!
We offer two- and three-bar rack systems (read more about that here).
Two-bar kit includes:
(1) Pair of cross bars for roof rack, 78” long (can be cut down to suit)
(1) Set of four towers for roof rack (locks sold separately)
(4) End caps
Three-bar kit includes:
(3) Crossbars for roof rack, 78" long (can be cut down to suit)
(6) Towers for roof rack (locks sold separately)
(6) End caps
If you're already running our two-bar system, and you'd like to add a third bar, you can now choose our one-bar kit!
One-bar kit includes:
(1) Crossbar for roof rack, 78" long (can be cut down to suit)
(2) Towers for roof rack (locks sold separately)
(2) End caps
Basic: This option provides a lower-profile rack system perfect for surfboards, SUPs, cargo baskets, and more! However, if you plan on hauling anything that might require more rack-to-roof clearance (like a canoe or kayak), we strongly advise the LowRise option. The minimum clearance between the bottom of the bar and the center of the roof is .375".
LowRise: This option gives you plenty of roof-to-rack clearance for bringing along canoes, kayaks, or any other fun-inducing items that require a bit more space to clear your vehicle. The minimum clearance between the bottom of the bar and the center of the roof is 2.25".