Engine Fuel Hose Replacement Kit [Bus/Vanagon]
This engine compartment fuel hose replacement kit is an absolute "must-have" for all Vanagon owners. We cannot stress enough just how important it is to replace your original fuel lines. We have seen too many burned up vehicles. Don't let this happen to you!
The kit provides everything you need to replace the feed and return fuel lines (NOT the hard plastic lines or the fuel injector hoses and seals) between the fuel tank and the engine and the lines between the fuel filter and pump.
What really sets this kit apart from the competition, though, are the superior crimp-style ear clamps. Regular "worm" style clamps always have a flat spot, whereas these crimp-style clamps provide even pressure in a perfect circle, and they won't loosen up over time. We also use the more expensive smooth 7mm German hose, not the cloth-braided stuff—it is equivalent to the highly-touted "30R9" U.S. spec fuel line, and it is lined with a fluoroelastomer compound that significantly reduces the permeability of the hose, and it has a much higher resistance to today's aggressive fuel blends.
Fits: 1975-79 Type II Bus, and all 1980-91 Vanagon models, including 4WD Syncro
• Five meters (16.4 feet) of German 7mm hose
• One-half (½) meter of German 12mm hose (gas tank to fuel pump)
• Two (2) 7-12mm screw clamps (for fuel filter)
• Twenty-six (26) special crimp-style ear clamps (two large and 24 small)
Does not include installation instructions.
Recommended related kits:
• 2WD - Fuel Line Firewall Adapter, the Fuel Tank Re-Seal Kit, the Abrasion Sleeve Kit, the Fuel Injector Reseal Kit, and the Hard Plastic Fuel Line Replacement Kit
• 4WD - Fuel Tank Re-Seal Kit, the Sending Unit Service Kit, the Fuel Injector Reseal Kit, and the Abrasion Sleeve Kit
Note: This kit was specifically designed for 1983-91 water boxer powered vans, but contains all you need to replace all the fuel hoses and clamps on your fuel injected 1975-83 air cooled Bus or Vanagon. You will just have more hose than necessary, one grommet you won’t need and no instructions specific to your particular model.
Installation Note: The crimp-style ear clamps require Ear Clamp Pincer Pliers to install.