Tech Article Library
We are constantly filling the shelves of our virtual library! In this area, you will find scores of great articles loaded with useful tips and tricks to keep your beloved Bus, Vanagon, and Eurovan happily cruising down the road. Check back often, as we are constantly adding new articles!
- Cam Backlash: The Whole Story
- Camshaft Timing: My New Engine Doesn't Run Right—Is the Cam Timing Off?
- Compression: It's Good, But What Does That Mean?
- Cooling System Overhaul: A $3 Hose Takes Out a Fresh 2300cc Engine!
- Crankshafts: Evolution of the Flat Four Crankshaft
- Engine Block Story: 1.9 vs. 2.1 Waterboxer Designs
- Engine Core Charge: A Necessary Evil
- Engine Noise: The Vanagon Sticky Lifter Syndrome
- Engine Overheat Indicating Melt Tabs
- Engine Overheated! What Will It Cost Me?!
- Engine Rebuild Kits: Why Don't We Include Instructions?
- Exhaust Valve Burned: Chicken or the Egg?
- Flywheel Bolts, Pilot Bearing and Seal: The Whole Story
- Flywheel or "Rear Main" Seal Story
- Head Gaskets Leaking on Waterboxers
- Head Gaskets on Water-Boxers: To Change or Not to Change...?
- Head Studs: Broken Studs in Waterboxer Engines
- Oil Pressure (or Lack Thereof) in Water-Boxer Engines
- Oil Temperature in Vanagons: What is Normal?
- Pistons: Ceramic Coatings and NASA Research
- Pistons: GoWesty 2.2 Piston & Liner Set vs. the Competition
- Timing Chain Failures on Eurovans: Word of Warning!
- V-Belt Pulley and Seal: Syncro
- Waterboxer Development in a Nutshell